FRESH School Health and Nutrition Webinar: Improving WASH Behaviors among School-age Children Outside of School
Watch the webinar from members of Save the Children Global WASH team to learn more about the different ways in which school-age children influence hygiene behaviors as we celebrate World Toilet Day 2019: Leaving No One Behind.
Date: Friday, 15th November 2019, 9am EDT/ 2pm GMT/ 5pm EAT/ 10 pm
- What tools and methods can be used to engage school-age children in promoting hygiene?
- What role can children play in promoting hygiene as caregivers for their younger siblings outside school?
- What are the results of using incentives such as surprise soap with children's handwashing behavior?
- How can children be involved in user-centered designing of toilet infrastructure?
- Abraham Varampath, WASH Advisor, Save the Children UK
- Steve Sara, WASH Advisor, Save the Children US SGT
- Child's Play: Harnessing play and curiosity motives to improve child handwashing in a humanitarian setting
- User-Centered Design of Child-Friendly Sanitation Facilities in Rapid Onset Emergencies
- World Toilet Day website
The FRESH School Health and Nutrition Webinars are monthly presentations by leading policymakers, researchers and implementers engaged in improving the health and education of children in low- and middle-income contexts.