MHH and Gender: Collective Advocacy for Investment in Menstrual Health and Hygiene for a Gender Equal Future
- How can we make the case for investment in MHH across sectors to address the breadth of menstrual experiences and related needs?
- What advocacy opportunities exist in the education sector to scale up MHH as a key component to achieve the SDGs?
This session will discuss a recently published report on the importance of menstrual health and hygiene (MHH) investment and provides a concise, comprehensive, and compelling case for the why and how to invest in it for the improvement of women’s and girls’ health and well-being. A new recently published definition of menstrual health that aims to encourage cross-sectoral integration of MHH will also be shared. Ms. Mahon and Ms. Jurga will present the report and definition and provide an update on the plans for Menstrual Hygiene Day 2021.
Date: Tuesday 11 May 2021
- Thérèse Mahon, Regional Progamme Manager South Asia, WaterAid
- Ina Jurga, International Coordinator of Menstrual Hygiene Day, WASH United
Click here to watch the recording of the webinar.
- Global Menstruation Collective
- Making the Case for Investing in MHH Report
- Menstrual Health: A definition for policy, practice and research
FRESH School Health and Nutrition Webinar Monthly presentations by leading policymakers, researchers, and implementers engaged in improving the health and education of children in low- and middle-income contexts. Sign up today!