FRESH School Health and Nutrition Webinar: Holistic school-based food and nutrition education for healthy and sustainable diets
Date: Tuesday, 15th October 2019, 9am EDT/ 2pm BST/ 4pm EAT/ 9pm SGT
- What is the role of school-based food and nutrition education (SFNE) in promoting healthy and sustainable diets?
- What is the current SFNE situation in low and middle-income countries (LMICs)?
- What is needed to improve SFNE’s impact on children’s diets in LMICs?
- What is FAO doing to support governments in enhancing the effectiveness and scope of SFNE interventions?
Join us and FAO’s Nutrition Education and Consumer Awareness Group to learn more about SFNE, as we celebrate World Food Day: Our actions are our future- Healthy diets for a Zero Hunger World.
- Fatima Hachem, Team Leader, Nutrition Education and Consumer Awareness Group, FAO
- Melissa Vargas, International Nutrition Consultant, FAO
- Yenory Hernandez, International Nutrition Consultant, FAO
- FAO’s School Food and Nutrition website
- FAO’s School Food and Nutrition Framework
- Stepping up school-based food and nutrition education: International expert consultation report
- World Food Day website
The FRESH School Health and Nutrition Webinars are monthly presentations by leading policymakers, researchers and implementers engaged in improving the health and education of children in low- and middle-income contexts.