FRESH School Health and Nutrition Webinar: Menstrual Hygiene Management: Unique Experiences from the Philippines and Mexico
Date: 15 May 2019
- What are the MHM interventions as part of a comprehensive package of WASH in School practices, and measures in the Philippines?
- How does the Philippines monitor MHM for quality assurance and recognize schools for their successful implementation?
- How does menstrual hygiene and puberty education fit within the CHOICES Gender Transformative Curriculum in Mexico?
- What are the challenges and opportunities for training teachers to deliver CHOICES and puberty sessions across schools in Mexico?
Learn more about the integration of MHM within the Philippines' Three Star Approach to WASH in Schools, and the implementation of CHOICES within the #WeSeeEqual project in Mexico - this May as FRESH partners commemorate Menstrual Hygiene Day 2019
- Dr. Ella Naliponguit, Director III, Bureau of Learner Support Services (BLSS), Department of Education, Philippines
- Sofia Garza, Program Lead, Construye Igualdad, Save the Children, Mexico
- Jeanne L. Long, Director, School Health and Nutrition, Save the Children, US
The FRESH School Health and Nutrition Webinars are monthly presentations by leading policymakers, researchers and implementers engaged in improving the health and education of children in low- and middle-income contexts.